Thursday, January 29, 2009

Assignment 1/29/09

1. Grabbed handle, felt rusty while sliding hand up while walking. Stairwell echoed with every movement. Hands smelt of iron, twisted door knob. Felt warmth Seep in through the stairwell. Echoes calmed. Still sound throughout the hallway.

2. Door screeched while opening, along with a chime that continued to play after door closed. Low sounds of talk and movement came from a distance. Silence was disturbed by the receptionist. Eyes focused on game console and colorful game cover. Irresistible urge to play. Inching towards console.

3. Stumbled down a small hall into a mismatched dull colored room with two chairs a reclining bed and an array of shinny tools. Curiosity to touch the tools and play with them, but feeling shy knowing someone would enter the room at any moment. Focused on the tools and wires and imagining the purpose of each.

4. Small fragile compressed women entered room with a wide smile, and greeted me with a foreign ascent. Her teeth were coffee stained and her lipstick was a bright pink. Anxious to see what she would do after stretching her small hands into a wrinkled latex powdered glove. She asked me my name and I replied under my breath. She slid into her rolling chair and placed napkin around my neck attach by a clinging chain. She turned around as if she was looking for something and she got up and left the room.

5. I was left to sit and anticipate what was going to happen next. She returned with folder in hand as she adjusted my seat, which I enjoyed, and imagined I was in some amusement ride. My eyes focused on a picture frame hanging on the wall of a clear glass rounded vase filled half way with black pebble stones and yellow flowers. She clicked a rounded white light on and adjusted it to focus the light in my mouth. She placed down her folder and sat down.

6. I tried to angle my eyes in order to not twist my neck to see what tools she was reaching for. She said I will be getting a cleaning today. She told me to open my mouth wide like a lion. She continued to complement me as she picked up a tool which was pointy and very sharp in appearance. She gently rested her hands against my face as she prickled and scraped at my teeth. She then picked up a bulkier tool and turned it on she explain that it will be sucking up the water she will be spraying and gently demonstrated on my hand. I figured she thought I would be scared.

7. Cool water flowed between my gums and lips as she shot it at my teeth. Slight humming sound from tools was ringing in my ears as she passed a rotating tool over every single tooth with the flavor of strawberry tooth paste. She readjusted the sucking mechanism under my tongue which tickled me and I couldn’t help to smile. After the cleaning I ran the front of my tongue over my top set of teeth. It felt smooth and glossy a felling I’ve never felt before.

No comments:

Post a Comment